Monday, August 17, 2009

mmm... Fried (fill in the blank)

Bradley boy and I hit up the Greene County Fair this weekend. We go to the fair for one reason and one reason only . . . F.R.I.E.D P.I.C.K.L.E.S! nom-nom-nom Brad always says his favorite food is fried fill-in-the-blank.

We checked out the tractors, cows, locals ;) and the rides Brad refused to let me go on. Has anyone ever died from a Tilt-a-Whirl, or the Sizzler perhaps? I tried to reason that the worst that might happen would be a broken limb.





In other news, we are doing the house hunt. We looked at a bunch this weekend and we're going to check out more tomorrow. Brad and I are renting experts, but new to the house buying game, which is why we have both of our moms on speed dial. I cannot wait to FINALLY have a house to call our own.

4 comments:

  1. I had fried pickles for the first time this summer. They are SO YUMMY!!! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through a friend of a friend's blog blog if that makes any sense. I couldn't sleep as I was busy contemplating (crying) about what God had in store for me and why didn't he just hurry up already. Then I stumbled across your blog! It was the sign I had been asking for, the prayer you posted was beautiful.

    Best wishes in your future and thanks for unwittingly providing another stranger some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the thoughtful comment. That really means a lot to me. I've had several of those sleepless nights thinking the same thing too. I'll be saying that prayer for the both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fried Green Chilie Strips! Oh my they are so good! Next time you are HOME I will take you to Artesia so you can try them!

    ReplyDelete