Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh boy...

We are going to miss our little rent house out in the country with the gorgeous panoramic mountain views, but there is one thing I will not miss at all. That would be the mean people that keep dumping their unwanted animals near our house! I love all animals and we would have a zoo if I were to keep them all.

Last week I got home from work and thought I heard a kitten crying (this is not the same kitten that was living in the frame of Brad's car....geez that was fun). Dallas and I walked over to the front yard, and of course, a tiny kitten comes bouncing across the street straight over to Dallas.


Great! Now Dallas and kitty are best buddies. They play, run, chase, and snuggle with each other. All the other cats/kittens have not been a big fan of Dallas, so it was easy to not like them. This one is so dang cute; however, we really weren't wanting to expand our fuzzy family.

The Bankston family probably remembers when we all rescued the golden retriever mix awhile back. The dog took turns living at their house and ours until we could find it a good home. Brad wanted to name it something weird so we wouldn't get attached to it....so we named him 'Pickles'. Brad wanted to use that same strategy for kitty, so his solution was to name her 'fart'.

Don't worry, I'm not going to call this little kitty by the name of fart. I'm calling her Annie. She is a little orphan Annie, plus I LOVE that movie :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are so doomed! I predict Annie has found a nice, cozy home with loving parents:) Especially after naming her Annie.....she's not going anywhere! Atleast Dallas will have a playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Dallas that his honey says he can keep little orphan Annie!!!

    ReplyDelete