Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year, A New Look

It had to be done....

My "Tennessee Adventure" is no more (check out the cool Tennessee picture at the very bottom of the page, courtesy of my talented brother Justin Lingo). I really debated whether or not I should keep blogging. After all, I started this whole attempt to be a fancy blogger in order for Brad and I to stay in touch with friends and family when we moved to Tennessee.

So I thought....

and I realized some of my habits just can't be changed. This habit I'm referring to is my inability to communicate verbally :) My mom and closest friends are all nodding their heads in agreement. I'm not a fan of the phone, not so hot with text messages, and heck, I too easily just stay to myself.

Therefore...

the late night blogging shall continue. I now know how many people care about me and want to be involved in my life. In fact, it's very overwhelming... in a good way. After Brad passed away I learned that I can appear to be very strong on the outside, but give me a pen and paper and I can show my true self - vulnerable/ hopeful/ broken/ angry/ thankful/ fragile/ scared/ blessed

and blogging helps...

I have no clue what my new life will look like. Living alone....ugh. I've never had to do that before. Actually, a sweet blondie bear with big brown eyes just looked up at me to remind me that I'm not really alone :) I think it will be important for me to keep this up - let everyone know how I'm doing - that I'm still hanging on to hope.

12 comments:

  1. Love ya girl! As the photo says, carry on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love reading your blog and texting you! I'm excited you will continue with it. I love the main picture- absolutely gorgeous.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that you are never alone, even when your dog is gone…The Spirit of God dwells within your heart and He seeks to remind you of the Truth, lead you in Righteousness, and guide your every step to the amazingly supernatural life for which you have been made. Keep writing, keep loving, keep living…

    Peace, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. love u alicia and i think its more of a big orangie not blondie lol i miss u!!!!! and dallas!!! show me what ur mug looks like!!!!!!! love u other mother!!!!!


    your stalker,
    Kylee R. Phalen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia File-HawkinsJanuary 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM

    Alicia, you are never alone. The feelings you have listed, all steps to greive. We all need to greive. The blog is a great outlet. It helps your friends help you too even miles away. I love you and pray for you. God gives you the super human strenght that you need to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are loved and prayed for Alicia, thanks for continuing to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you will keep blogging!! Andy and I are praying for you and where God is taking you!! Love you lots! Please let us know when you come back for a bit!
    love,
    Andy and Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alicia, God is with you always and you know that. Through the good and the bad. I will continue to pray for you as you find your new beginnings as God has already gone ahead and placed for you. Follow HIM and you won't go wrong. None of us can understand or even guess at what you and your family are experiencing but we can all come together and pray you through it. Love Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree..Keep Blogging! Love ya and thinking of you always. You need to come visit me in CT :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alicia, I'm so glad you are continueing your blog. We are praying for you and I know that God is with you. He is the sustainer, counselor, with HIM you cant go wrong.
    Jay and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your blog! So glad that you are continuing...and we will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete