Sunday, November 22, 2009

Don't agonize, organize

Excuse me, where has November gone??? Time flies when there is so much organizing and decorating to do! Brad's mom stayed with us for a week and helped us get all organized. It was WONDERFUL to have her help because quite frankly, I didn't even know where to begin. She has taught me that life is so much easier when things are labeled and in their spot.





Even Big D needed a label :)



We also got to do some furniture shopping in between organizing the house. Is it just me, or does everyone feel like they need all new furniture when moving into a new house? All of a sudden I really don't like some of my old stuff. I've also noticed my style has changed since Brad and I were first married. I used to like more modern design, but now I am more drawn to a traditional/southern look. Maybe living out in the country in Tennessee is rubbing off on me.


My mom-in-law Yvonne and I had so much fun visiting this one furniture store (twice) because they greet you with a cold bottle of Coke when you walk in the door. Now that is some fantastic customer service! Also, the sales lady gave me her home phone number in case I needed to get in touch with her. The people here take friendly to a whole new level.



Drum roll please . . . . .



We picked out new gorgeous dining room furniture and it should be here before Christmas!





Isn't it pretty!


And a front porch just isn't complete without a couple of rocking chairs.


THANK YOU Momma Hatton for taking such good care of us! I'm really missing our girl talks and your home cooked meals after work :)

Well, I've still got a lot of unpacking and decorating to do, but I'm loving every moment! I want to get things more situated before showing blog pics of the inside of the house.


Side note, the beautiful fall leaves have come and gone, but here is a small taste of what it looked like around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment