Thursday, November 5, 2009

mi casa es MI casa!




WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!


We did it! We closed on our first house last Friday. I would have blogged sooner but I have no idea where my camera cord is....or anything else for that matter (nice to know I could have used the memory card this whole time -oops). The house is just perfect - perfect for us and perfectly ours! Here are some pics of the house closing and moving events:

I was surprised that Brad was pretty tense during the whole closing meeting and I was the relaxed one.





It's official. We're home owners!




We love our Remax realtors that my mom referred for us, Teresa and Julie. They LOVED picking on Brad! Julie, festive in the witch hat, is telling the story about when her and Teresa knew this house was "the one" for Brad. It wasn't the big yard or basement......it was the built in mood lights in the master bedroom! Ha-ha!!! Julie is describing the awestruck look on Brad's face when he realized this unique perk. This has been the on going joke. Our fantastic realtors are convinced this will help in the baby making department. They sure know how to make Brad blush!

We were all set to have the movers come the next day, Halloween. We couldn't wait until then so we drove to the new house and had a picnic on the floor. Sweet Bradley carried me over the threshold.



My boys!



Saturday was a very busy moving day. We had to finish packing and the on and off again rain made it very interesting. Saturday morning Brad yelled for me to come look outside. It was the most beautiful full rainbow I have ever seen. A nice parting gift from our little rent house.


Even though we had only been in our rent house since February, we got to know our neighbors very well. I wish we could have taken them with us, but I know they will be lifelong friends of ours. Here is Dallas with the horseshoe champs, Katherine and Allen.



While the movers were hard at work, and Brad was supervising the whole operation - I was goofing off. I have always worked crazy hours and I've never been home for trick-or-treaters. I was pretty pumped to finally get to be a part of it, even though the movers had packed Dallas's bumble bee costume I specifically laid out for him. I thought it was pretty special that the first person to welcome us to the neighborhood was an 8 year old Storm Trooper.



Home Sweet Home




Stay tuned for a tour of the house. Hatton mom is coming to visit and help us get the house put together and organized. Believe me when I say, no one can organize like her! It will be a very fun and productive week.

Nighty night!

5 comments:

  1. Hello missy...just noticed your blog. Your new house is beautiful and you both look so happy. We miss you. Come visit soon.

    The Harper..Heather and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Alisha and Brad!!! "New" homes are so much fun! The best money pitt anyone can buy.;-) There is always SOMETHING you will need or think you will need anyways. Make happy memories in that house of yours. Cheers!

    Amy, Tim, Victoria and Hunterman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for the both of you.

    Love ya!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Alicia & Brad! The house looks AWESOME! Can't wait for a tour!! :)

    ReplyDelete