Tuesday, December 1, 2009

giving thanks

Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! Brad, Dallas, and I had a pretty low key Thanksgiving in the new house. This was our first holiday without any family, therefore in order to distract us from being completely homesick, I cooked a huge Thanksgiving meal for an army. We spent the rest of the day in our pjs watching football :)

This may sound a tad corny, but we reflected all day on all that we have to be thankful for. It was this time last year when Brad started traveling to TN for work. At that time, the possibility of moving to TN seemed like the most far fetched idea. Don't you just love when God proves that HE is in full control and it is His will, not ours.....and life works out beautifully.

I give thanks everyday for our loving family and our faithful Jesus, and here are a couple recent additions:


A place to call "home"


Lots of quality time with my boys




p.s. We're still out in the country, but in a small neighborhood where Dallas and I can get back to our walking / occasional running routine like we had in TX. The nice view of the mountains is a new little perk I'm enjoying.

And I'm thankful for the most wonderful time of the year!

p.p.s. I'll go ahead and admit that I've been listening to Christmas music for a month, and I cry like a baby every time I hear "I'll be home for Christmas".

No comments:

Post a Comment