Thursday, February 19, 2009

I got my Momma!

I'm a very happy girl! I picked my mom up at the Knoxville airport this afternoon. As many of you are fully aware, I'm not the best driver (stop laughing Lana!) I am now aware that I could use some extra training to be able to drive on these narrow and winding roads. Brad tried to give me my first lesson last weekend, but I wasn't ready to learn at the time so it came across as nagging. My mom is notorious for being terrified while driving in the mountains. For those of you who have been lucky enough to get some first hand experience (Kevin and Lisa), you know how she does, it's not pretty. Well, I knew I had to be on my best driving behavior or she might not be so willing to come visit me anymore. Good news, we made it home safely, no tears shed or ugly words shouted. I'm still not up for the Best Driver of the Year Award because she had to remind me I was about to run a red light, but you can't have it all.

When we got home, my Mom and Brad tried to decide/debate why I'm not a good driver. Mom believes it is because I think too hard and I just need to drive. My sweet husband disagreed. He believes I am a bad driver because I don't think enough. nice.

3 comments:

  1. omg, do you know how hard i am laughing right now????? i have this mental picture of you..ricky bobby....driving 5 mph on this narrow winding road with traffic backed up for miles!!!.....oh, my sides hurt..i don't know if anyone else can appreciate this as much as i do....but i will say this: after surgery, i would pick you again to take me to the doc!
    ;-)

    p.s. when i come to visit you can go ahead and call shotgun, cuz i'm driving back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia,

    Good to see you are settling. Let me know if you get the local branch job.

    -Mattox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alicia - thank you so much for sending me your blog! I look forward to reading all about your fun Tennessee adventures - ENJOY THIS TIME WITH BRAD!!! Ben and I moved to the "country" for a little while up in Minnesota - one of our favorite experiences as a married couple =) We'll be praying for you guys!

    Holly & Ben Peterson

    ReplyDelete