Friday, February 27, 2009

You think you had a RUFF week

Poor Dallas. The past 2 days haven't been very kind to our fuzzy kiddo. Dallas is the most fun loving dog you'll ever meet...until he walks into the vet. He turns into 90 pounds of frightened fuzz. Brad has to go with me because I can barely pull him through the front door and I can forget about being able to pull him out from underneath the chairs in the waiting room. By the way, all of this is very embarrassing.

I know that right now my Mom is remembering the times when she had to take me to the doctor as a kid. She is thinking that Dallas can not be more embarrassing than her daughter Alicia jumping off of the doctor's table and making a run for the exit.

Back to Dallas. After another traumatizing trip to the vet, Dallas encountered his second worst enemy... bath time. He endured all of this torture so he can be ready for doggie daycare next week when I start working again. Another side note, I went to check out the doggie daycare place today and I loved it. Dallas will be hanging out at "camp" 2 or 3 times a week. http://www.campruffnmore.com/

Just when Dallas thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. There is an electric fence that backs up to our back yard. Now this isn't some wimpy electric fence. We're talkin livestock grade here. And yes, you guessed it. Dallas was tending to his business and shocked the @#$% out of himself. Brad had to spend the rest of the evening trying to convince Dallas that the backyard was not evil.

Poor Dallas. He just wants to go back to the lazy days of living in Texas.


4 comments:

  1. I love reading all of your stories. I bet you had a great time with your mom. I can't wait to come visit. I want to go shopping at the neat outlet mall too. I bet Dallas will love his daycare. Their website looks really neat. I can only imagine how afraid Dallas became after the fence attacked him. I can just picture his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dallas might pack his bags and come to Honey's! The only thing we have here that scares him is July 4th fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been checking out the window occassionally, looking for a handsome golden retriever hitchhiker...i can see it now: his loverboy bandana packed with jingles, tied to a stick (hobo stylin') with a sign around his neck that says "Need ride to Texas, will work for treats!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless his heart! Poor sweet puppy! With having a furry baby, I know how sad it can make you! Cant wait to hear about doggy camp though!

    ReplyDelete